A gas blast that sparked a big, block-engulfing blaze in an upscale Kansas City shopping district hurt 14 people, a city official stated Tuesday night, adding that it’s thought that a mishap involving a utility contractor may have caused the blast.
City Manager Troy Schulte said he didn’t know of any person being reported missing and had not heard of any deaths. Earlier Kansas City police had stated the blast was caused by a vehicle crashing into a gas main just after 6 p.m. Fire authorities said later they weren’t aware of a crash being involved in the blast.
Other witnesses observed street signs in the area indicated utility work was being done in the area, and a worker at a cafe ruined in the fire said the facility was being renovated at the moment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.